9.7.0a2 - deny-answer-addresses

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 jinmei at isc.org
Wed Aug 26 17:44:14 UTC 2009

At Tue, 25 Aug 2009 22:08:11 +0200,
clemens fischer <ino-news at spotteswoode.dnsalias.org> wrote:

> > How about the patch copied below?  With this it would fail like this:
> >
> > 24-Aug-2009 16:46:41.334
> > /Users/jinmei/src/isc/bind9-current/bin/named/named.conf:22: failed to
> > add dnsbl-1.uceprotect.net for deny-answer-addresses: already exists
> > 24-Aug-2009 16:46:41.334 loading configuration: already exists
> > 24-Aug-2009 16:46:41.334 exiting (due to fatal error)
> > [1]    6321 exit 1     ./named -c named.conf -g
>
> The text itself would have been right on my nose.  I'm not sure about
> the fatal error, though.  If I only get to see a warning when using
> "rndc reload" on a running named(8), this solution is perfect.

If you mean when you incorrectly edit named.conf with a duplicate name
for deny-answer-* and do rndc reload then named will just reject the
new configuration file with the warning and keep running, it will
behave that way (it's not different from other "fatal" configuration
errors).

This change will appear in 9.7.0a3.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya