which information is cached?

MontyRee chulmin2 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 6 18:13:05 UTC 2009

Hello, all.

I have one question about chached information.
If I have example.com domain and let's assume registered like below.

1. root dns
example.com.     3600    IN      NS  ns1.example.com.
                 3600    IN      NS  ns2.example.com.

but my ns1.example.com dns zone file set like below(assumption)

2. ns1.example.com dns
example.com.    86400    IN      NS   ns3.example.com.
                86400    IN      NS   ns4.example.com.

As you see TTL and NS server is diferent between them.

What will be happen if the data is different each other like above?
Is there any possibility that data2 is cached?
(In my test, data1(root dns) seems to be cached.)

Thanks in advance.