single entry to hosted service

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Mon Dec 7 19:32:52 UTC 2009

Can't you just add something to your _own_ DNS, pointing to the external
IP address, and have your clients use that name?

It would pretty ridiculous if a) the server code of the app actually
cares what name the client uses for accessing it, b) they mandate that
their (<-- note spelling of word) customers use a name in *the*vendor's*
domain to access the app, c) had a different name for each customer, but
d) couldn't be bothered adding the name for each customer to their own
domain. Essentially, they'd be forcing all of their customers to kludge
their DNS (or to use something even less manageable, like WINS or local
hosts-file entries).

                                                            - Kevin