ResendRE: ns_type question

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Mon Feb 23 20:28:25 UTC 2009

At Tue, 17 Feb 2009 23:05:27 -0800,
Jack Tavares <j.tavares at F5.com> wrote:

> > My question is;
> >
> > the arpa/nameser.h file included does not include
> > type definitions for DNSKEY (or other dnssec rr types)
> > in the ns_type enum.
> >
> > am I looking in the wrong place?
>
> > No, you're looking at the right place, and libbind isn't supposed to
> > provide any new feature regarding the new DNSSEC spec.
>
> Ok. So is there a 'C' api for dealing with DNSSEC in this regard?

Hmm...I was wrong.  There's actually a planned patch to introduce
newer types in nameser.h, including DNSKEY.  If what you need as "a
'C' api for dealing with DNSSEC" is just new enum elements for these
RR types, a near future version of libbind will satisfy you.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.