SPF record Syntax

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Fri Jul 17 21:41:11 UTC 2009

RR type SPF *is* the recommended way.  SPF RR was ratified some time
ago, any modern resolver knows about it.
If you are using an outdated resolver system that spits errors on that,
that's hardly any ones fault but your own.

However the suggested method at present is to run the TXT as well,
because a lot of admins are too lazy to get with the times