SPF Record Syntax Problem Solved but A Bit of a Mystery

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Sat Jul 18 01:50:01 UTC 2009

I looked for more old host and nsupdate executables but found
none. So, I tried the last resort and deinstalled bind95 and
verified that /bin/host disappeared. I assume all the other new
programs did also.

	The configurationwas left the way I originally set it
which was all the defaults plus the flag to replace the base
system.

make install clean

For some crazy reason, it now all works. I know I didn't just
forget to install it because /usr/sbin/named -v showed
bind9.5.1P2. It's creation time was the same as /bin/host and
nsupdate.

	It is said that lunacy is doing the same thing again and
again and expecting different results. Actually appearing to get
them is also crazy.:-)

	Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I am truly
baffled.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer