Slave server not using the IP set using transfer-source

mrkbkr at gmail.com mrkbkr at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 17:11:18 UTC 2009

I have 3 servers set up using bind 9.2.4-30. I am using 3 different views
and have an IP address on each slave for each view so that the slaves are
directed to the correct zone files when contacting the master to refresh a
zone, etc. I have run into a problem with the slaves not respecting the ip
address using transfer-source in the zone definitions. The slave uses the
transfer-source IP when retrieving the zone file for the first time from
the master & when refreshing the zone file. However when a notify is
received by the slave from the master, the slave tries to retrieve the new
zone file using the slave servers default IP. The slave is not directed to
the correct view on the master causing the slave to not receive the updated
zone file. Does anyone have an idea on why this would happen?

Thanks,

Mark