Correction to signatures on yesterday's BIND 9 releases

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Thu Jul 30 16:05:23 UTC 2009

> How many people checked them? Probably not a lot since I did not saw
> reports "BIND releases corrupted!". It tells a lot about Internet
> security. And makes me seriously worry for the future when DNSSEC will
> be deployed...

We received several private reports of the error.

I checked them myself before sending the announcement, but I still
had the old signing key on my keyring, and after it had said "Good
signature from Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.", I didn't keep
reading carefully to the end of the line and notice that the 2006
in column 80 should've been a 2009.  Perhaps some people who did
validate the files were similarly incautious.

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.