queries with no RD bit set are truncating

Peter Andreev andreev.peter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 10:02:08 UTC 2009

Thank you for answer, Kevin.

Yes, recursion completely *off* by "recursion no;" option. And only my
servers are authoritative for client's zone. So I'm in confusion, because as
you said, for servers should not have a difference between RD=0 and RD=1.

I'm afraid that there are reasons for such strange behaviour that are hidden
from me. I'm worry that this reasons can become an unevident source of
problems in the future.