Dynamic DNS and Slave Servers

Borgia, Joe A CTR USAF AFMC AFRL/RIOS Joseph.Borgia.ctr at rl.af.mil
Fri Jun 19 11:10:57 UTC 2009

Should running a rndc freeze and thaw on the slave server also push the data
from the .jnl files directly to the tables as they do on the master server?

For some weird reason, running a rndc freeze and thaw on the slave runs
successfully, but it does not push the updates to the zone tables there, and
the .jnl files still exist after it.

This is unexpected behavior.

Joseph A. Borgia, Jr.
Sr. UNIX/SAN Engineer
Team Rome IT - Rome Research Corporation
U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory/Rome Research Site/RIOS
COMM: 315-330-3952
DSN: 587-3952
FAX: 315-330-8258