question about CNAME

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Thu Mar 12 09:00:33 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 12:32:35PM +0800,
 tzq tang <gelenbertang at gmail.com> wrote
 a message of 132 lines which said:

> > I think I should explain the question more clearly,

You need first to learn about email. The "superior to" sign > is here
to *quote* what you respond to. Do not use it for your own text or it
will be quite difficult to read.

> > email.xx  A       12.2.23.4 <http://email.xx.xxx.com/>

:-) The format of the right-hand side will probably not be accepted by
BIND :-)

> > and in another DNS server I add an CNAME record as follows:
> > email          CNAME      email.xx.zone.com <http://email.xx.xxx.com/>.
> > but it dosen't work.who can tell me why ?

Invalid syntax. BIND will tell you that at startup.