Mass update of TTL and serial

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Sat May 2 22:39:54 UTC 2009

I client of mine has thousands of DNS zones that will need a ttl
chance and a serial bump.  I want to set a relevant ttl to 300 for a
few days.

After that, an IP address change will be made, and I would like to
change the TTL back to something sane.  The general format of the zone
looks something like below.

Any suggestions on the best way to go trough these?  Some will have
variations on them, like some have mx records, most do not:

$TTL 1D
@       IN      SOA     ns2.example.com.       dns.example.com. (
                 2009041300         ; serial, todays date + todays
serial #
                 8H              ; refresh
                 2H              ; retry
                 4W              ; expire
                 1H )            ; minimum
@       IN      NS      ns2.example.com.       ;Primary Nameserver
@       IN      NS      ns1.example.com.     ;Secondary Nameserver

; http website base
@        IN      A       000.122.226.210
www      IN      A       000.122.226.210

Would the "refresh" be the best value to target in this case?