multiple internal views not working

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Mon Nov 2 19:17:32 UTC 2009

I you control all of the resolvers in this scenario, and the clients
aren't doing their own caching-and-reordering-of-responses, you might
consider using sortlists and round-robins instead of views. That would
get you out of having to maintain the same zones in parallel.

Note that if the clients are recent Wintel they *already* perform
sortlisting automatically, for addresses on their own subnets. It's
built into the network stack. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/182644/EN-US/

- Kevin

P.S. Why would the CNAMEs need to be differentiated? Surely only the A
records would vary, and the CNAMEs could stay the same (?)