Odd query issue

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Mon Aug 2 22:29:20 UTC 2010

1. Zone has expired (to confirm: check logs)
2. Corrupted/truncated journal file (to confirm: check logs, or, shut
down gracefully, delete journal and start up again)
3. www.blah.com is a delegation in your slave copy of the zone, and the
delegated nameservers are all returning SERVFAIL, are lame, give bogus
answers, some combination of the above, etc. (to confirm: do the lookup
non-recursively, or a zone transfer of blah.com; if www.blah.com shows
as a delegation, query the delegated nameservers directly and see what
they return)

                 - Kevin