Question about "rndc flushname"

bsfinkel at anl.gov bsfinkel at anl.gov
Tue Feb 9 21:40:55 UTC 2010

Cathy Almond <cathya at isc.org> replied:
>rndc flushname for an MX record is working for me (it is even working
>for this MX record).
>
>Is perhaps your mailserver's cache-only server forwarding to another
>nameserver which has this cached still and then your mailserver is
>querying again in between your rndc flushname and your check of cache?
>
>How are you checking cache?
>
>Cathy

I was testing on a cache-only name server, and I did not realize that
the record in question would have been in the cache on the name server
that it queried to get the information.  I reran the test on a name
server that is not cache-only, and the "rndc flushname" worked as
expected.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 240, Room 5.B.8             Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov