Server overwhelmed by rejections?

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Wed Jan 20 13:47:37 UTC 2010

I was quite satisfied the ones I blacklisted were causing my CPU load to
spike and have seen no ill effects from having blocked them.   I wasn't
suggesting anyone blacklist every IP they don't recognize but rather
those that are trying the same thing over and over such as attempting to
update one of my zones.

Restricting everything to port 53 would not have solved the CPU load
issue since that is where the traffic was coming in already.