Defining custom root zone by subnet.

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Tue Jul 13 21:56:36 UTC 2010

That should work fine, as long as
a) this view definition appears in named.conf before any more general
view (since views are matched in order),
b) the "zone1" ACL is defined to include all of the address ranges that
should get the "private" root zone, and
c) "db.lockdown" contains a root zone with only 1 A record -- a wildcard
entry with the "private IP" as the RDATA -- and no delegations

Note that you don't need "recursion yes" if every query is going to be
resolved directly from your "fake" root zone.

                                                         - Kevin