Preparing for upcoming DNSSEC changes on 5/5

Chris Thompson cet1 at cam.ac.uk
Wed May 5 13:28:36 UTC 2010

On May 5 2010, Lightner, Jeff wrote:

>8:30 EDT 05/05/2010 and the world hasn't ended here yet.

The switchover of j.root-servers.net to "DURZ" is scheduled for
17:00-19:00 UTC (see http://www.root-dnssec.org/ - or just try
"dig dnskey . @j.root-servers.net"). We aren't there yet ...

>We can celebrate Cinco de Mayo in peace.  If only I didn't detest
>tequila.
>
>Side note:  I've actually been to Puebla Mexico which is where the
>battle that Cinco de Mayo commemorates took place.

The (in fact largely successful) French invasion was apparently
triggered by Mexico defaulting on its debts. Watch out, Greece ...

--
Chris Thompson
Email: cet1 at cam.ac.uk