repository for zone files

dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us
Fri Sep 24 14:08:29 UTC 2010

Quoting Stewart Dean <sdean at bard.edu>:

>  On AIX, I'm used to /etc/dns.  CentOS seems to place in /var/named.
> Is there any blessed, bestofallpossibleworlds place for the zone files.
>  I'm moving our DNS from from AIX to CentOS/Fedora.  I'm inclined to
> create the /etc/dns dir but maybe it'd be better to put it in
> /var/named.....Comments, brickbats?
> --
> "One must think like a hero to behave like a merely decent human
> being." - May Sarton Stewart Dean, Unix System Admin, Bard College, New
> York 12504 sdean at bard.edu voice: 845-758-7475, fax: 845-758-7035

Named is by default chrooted to that directory.  you can change that
during the build (I think) by using a directory option.  thus you can
install the files anywhere you want to.

ddh

--
Dwayne Hottinger
Network Administrator

-- Albert Einstein

"The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in times of moral
crisis, preserved their neutrality."
-- Dante