big improvement in BIND9 auth-server startup time

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Tue Aug 9 17:18:13 UTC 2011

> The master now loaded about 650 zones/sec.
> The slave did not change from the usual 120 zones/sec.

Interesting, thanks for bringing that to my attention (it hadn't
occurred to me to test with a mostly-slave system).

I'm purely guessing, but I wonder if there's some rate-limiting
due to the SOA queries slaves have to send to their masters.

I very much doubt the raw zonefile format is the problem.
Generally that'll reduce the zone loading time by almost half.

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.