root zone initial key in bind.keys

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Wed Feb 23 14:26:08 UTC 2011

Hello,

after downloading and unpacking bind9.7.3, there's bind.keys file that
contains this comment:

# This file also contains a copy of the trust anchor for the DNS root zone
# (".").  However, named does not use it; it is provided here for
# informational purposes only.  To switch on DNSSEC validation at the
# root, the root key below can be copied into named.conf.

Does this still apply? Do I really have to copy the key for "." into
bind.conf in order for it to be used and it's not managed automatically?

Or did I misunderstand something here?

WinError #99999: Out of error messages.