bind replication

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Jan 7 08:36:21 UTC 2011

On 31.12.10 21:55, pyh at mail.nsbeta.info wrote:
> What I'm not sure is, given I have two hosts A and B, A is master, B is
> slave.
> B fetches the zone files from A via rsync.
> But, how B knows that the zone files have been changed and then run "rndc
> reload" to tell bind reload the zones?

simply run rndc reload and bind will reload all zones (actually, it will
check files' timestamps and reload only files that have changed).

note that for rsync replication there's no real "master" and "slave".
There's a long-standing bug relating to the x86 architecture that
allows you to install Windows.   -- Matthew D. Fuller