rndc addzone and file name

Alan Clegg aclegg at isc.org
Fri Jan 14 12:53:51 UTC 2011

> You haven't understood. I have several includes within one default
> view and I need to add zones to them. Different zones to different
> includes. For me name of view doesn't matter.

The zones added using "addzone" and removable using "delzone" aren't
going to show up in your include files.

They will be in the BIND created (and thus maintained) version.

If you want to move your existing zones into "management" by BIND, you
can create a zone using addzone (thus creating the crazy-named file),
shut down BIND, move your zone definitions into the created file
(removing them from their existing INCLUDED file) and then restart BIND.

AlanC