Subdomain Issue

trm asn trm.nagios at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 14:57:37 UTC 2011

Dear List,

Please help me out to investigate the below scenario .

I have one domain "example.com"

$TTL 300
@       IN      SOA     ns4.example.com. postmaster.example.com. (

  2011110806      ; Serial Number
                                10800           ; Refresh after 3 hours
                                3600            ; Retry after 1 hour
                                604800          ; Expire after 1 week
                                300 )         ; Minimum TTL of 1 day
; Name servers
        IN      NS      ns4.example.com.
        IN      NS      ns2.example.com.
        IN      NS      ns1.example.com.

        IN    A    203.39.45.19
        IN    MX    mail.goole.com.
www        IN    CNAME    example.com.
a        IN    A    203.39.45.20
b        IN    A    203.39.45.21
*test    IN    NS    ns1973.hostgator.com.
test    IN    NS    ns1974.hostgator.com.*

named-checkzone  example.com named.example.com.forward < No Error

The moment I have done the "rndc reload example.com", the domain and all
subdomain were became not resolvable.

After commenting out below entries & rndc reload , all back to normal.
*;test    IN    NS    ns1973.hostgator.com.
;test    IN    NS    ns1974.hostgator.com.*

Please help me out on this issue.

/\
Tarak