BIND started several times at one time

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Wed Nov 16 00:08:56 UTC 2011

On Nov 15, 2011, at 4:00 PM, Aleksander Kurczyk wrote:
> Is it possible to run named several times at one time on one computer on one OS at different ports and with different config files? I would like to simulate multiple servers on one PC.

It's possible, but unlikely to be useful without a NAT firewall redirecting connections from port 53 on different external IPs to different internal ports that named is listening on.

(Only one named can listen on port 53, which is the place that clients will send DNS requests to.)

Regards,
--
-Chuck