DNSSEC SERVFAIL when parent zone has no DS record

Marc Lampo marc.lampo at eurid.eu
Wed Oct 5 12:08:07 UTC 2011

Hello,

You do not provide sufficient data for diagnose !

But it seems to me that bind is not complaining about the DS of
subdomain.domain.com.
but rather about a
"missing RRSIG for a NSEC when fetching DS of domain.com."

Admittingly, logmessages could be somewhat more userfriendly,
but I'd check if domain.com. itself is properly signed.

Kind regards,

Marc Lampo