DNSSEC SERVFAIL when parent zone has no DS record

Sergio Charpinel Jr. sergiocharpinel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 12:21:55 UTC 2011

Marc,

After suplying DS and the respective NS record for subdomain in the
parent zone (domain.com), it works. If I disable dnssec in my
recursive server, it also works.
So, if a zone is not signed properly (or doesnt have DS records) the
query will fail? Isn't it better to query  those misconfigured servers
without DNSSEC, just like it does when the zone is not signed?

And what about the second case, when I query www.subdomain.domain.com
. If I run two queries, the first fail with the same error, but the
second works (I think the second comes from cache).

How can I provide more data for diagnose??

Thanks.

--
Sergio Roberto Charpinel Jr.