BIND/named on VM

michoski michoski at cisco.com
Fri Oct 14 18:47:01 UTC 2011

On 10/14/11 10:49 AM, "Walter Smith" <whatisee1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I would like to setup latest BIND/named [slaves] within VMware environment -
> is there any implications I should be aware of?
> Since I saw some issues running NTPd on VMware - thinking may be 'named' might
> have similar issues...

No issues to date running VMWare + Linux + BIND.  Those are all internal
caching resolvers, nothing authoritative yet though I don't see why it'd
matter.  (Some will rightly argue for genetic diversity in either case.)

The NTP issues were all easy to work around (just run ntpd on the host,
adjust kernel parameters, etc.), and have thankfully been mostly fixed by
default these days.  :-)

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=dis
playKC&externalId=1006427

--