[Solved] was: what does dig +trace do?

Tom Schmitt TomSchmitt at gmx.de
Thu Sep 1 06:09:18 UTC 2011

I think I found the reason why dig +trace always failed with a timeout.
>From the announcement of Bind 9.8.1 from earlier today:

     * If the server has an IPv6 address but does not have IPv6
       connectivity to the internet, dig +trace could fail attempting to
       use IPv6 addresses. [RT #23297]

So I only have to update to the new version of named and dig +trace will work. :-)

-------- Original-Nachricht --------