Query regarding NS record

babu dheen babudheen at yahoo.co.in
Fri Sep 16 15:17:43 UTC 2011

Hi,
    Can anyone let me know how i can resolve the below requirement.

Requirement:

We have two offices. One is main office and another one is remote branch office. Now my company client requirement is that if main office DNS server is not reachable, all DNS query should be sent to branch office DNS server. How this can be acheived using BIND?

For example, my company mail website is; mail.mycompany.com which is pointed as below in ISP name server.

mail.mycompany.com        IN    NS    ns1.mainoffice.com
mail.mycompany.com        IN    NS    ns1.branceoffice.com

  Is the above record is correct or not?

 Please suggest.

Regards
papdheen M