Query regarding NS record

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Sun Sep 18 16:50:10 UTC 2011

On 18.09.11 21:31, babu dheen wrote:
> Once i delegated NS record in my ISP name server to my company name
> server for mail.myoffice.com website as below.  Do i need to allow
> DNS port from ANY(INTERNET) to my DNS server in firewall or i just
> need to allow DNS traffic only from ISP DNS server

>ISP DNS server configuration
>
>mycompany-dns-server-ip   IN    A 10.10.10.10
>mail.myoffice.com               IN    NS    <mycompany dns server ip>

you must allow DNS traffic to your server, both TCP and UDP protocols
from all world to port 53.

Note that this way, when your NS is down, mail.myoffice.com won't work.
I recommend tou to get your ISP slave your zone and create additional
NS records pointing on your ISP's name severs for mail.myoffice.com.

then used against you.