re-bind named to all interfaces

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Apr 12 14:49:26 UTC 2012

On 12/04/12 15:32, Mihai Moldovan wrote:

> Is there any way to tell bind9 to re-evaluate the network situation and bind to
> all new interfaces (if allowed, see listen-on)?
>
> I have tried firing up rndc reload and rndc reconfig via the pppd if-up/if-down
> scripts, but neither try was successful.

"rndc reconfig" has worked when I've tried it in the past; are you sure
you're running it in the right place? You want to run it in the "ip-up"
/ "ip-down" scripts, because IP might not be up when LCP is.

There was some discussion on the list about setting the timer for
re-discovery to zero; see the archives.