Multi-master DNS with Bind

david t. klein root at nachtmaus.us
Tue Aug 7 10:16:33 UTC 2012

Each BIND instance is a "master", DLZ-backed by a multi-master,
fast-replication datastore (such as a directory) will give you what you
want, and many have made this work. You will need to do some building (the
zone management piece) and some tuning (pessimal performance until you make
it yours, heavy toll from attempting IXFR from it). You'll need to
understand DNS, BIND, your datastore technology and some of the caveats of
multimaster replication, including preventing race-condition and granular
resource locking, as well as inter-box semaphores.

Good luck.

--
david t. klein

Cisco Certified Network Associate (CSCO11281885)
Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPI000165615)
Redhat Certified Engineer (805009745938860)

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?