Linux issue with make test failures, 9.9.2-P1

Jeff Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Thu Dec 6 15:58:05 UTC 2012

Evan,

Yup, I knew all of that and that is what I have always done.  This morning
I got things to work by skipping the -j option of gmake to do parallel compiles,
and the tests then worked.

Before I always did:

configure
gmake -j2
ifconfig.sh up (as root)
gmake test

Once I didn't do the parallel compile (-j2), the tests worked.  But I did not
see any failures from a parallel compile either.  Weird.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College