Can we load balance trafgic for CNAME records?

Manish Rane manishr78 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 05:27:53 UTC 2012

Hi,

I m planning to add cname records to two A records to different IPs
provided by two ISP. Can I loadbalance traffic then?

Like say i need to play with mail services and I have 2 ISPs.say ISP A and
ISP B.

MX 10 mail.example.com  20.20.20.20 (from isp A)

Mx 20 mail01.example.com 30.30.30.30 (from isp B)

CNAME cas.example.com
mail.example.com 20.20.20.20
mail01.example.com 30.30.30.30

Now when users wil confugure their mail boxes they will use cas.example.com.

Can I load balance the traffic for cas.example.com?