Can we load balance traf[f]ic for CNAME records?

Manish Rane manishr78 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 09:34:31 UTC 2012

Perfect this is what I was talking about, now

My IMAP and SMTP are on same server and confusion starts from there
since MX records will eventaully should have A record as well so in
that case I will be having 2 A records pointing to same IPs correct.
Woudl that casue any issue, theortically it shouldnt.

example.com   IN   MX  10 mail.example.com
example.com   IN   MX   20  mail01.example.com

mail.example.com   IN    A 11.22.33.44
mail01.example.com IN   A   55.66.77.88

imap.example.com   IN  A  11.22.33.44
imap.example.com   IN  A  55.66.77.88