forwarding "@" to a different domain?

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Mon Jan 9 15:11:19 UTC 2012

Just as a follow on to that prior thread.

I was able to setup the CNAME for www and * at the Registrar without A records as indicated.  Unfortunately the * at registrar equated to "*." Meaning for example ftp.mydomain.com would work with that CNAME but the domain itself, mydomain.com, would not.   Despite the ecommerce vendor (Amazon ultimately) saying one should NOT setup A records their response to us was to leave the two CNAMES (www and *) in place and setup an 3 A records for the domain itself.