bind dies with assertion failure

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Tue Jul 3 12:10:52 UTC 2012

As mentioned more than once on this list.  Redhat starts with an upstream version of a given package (say BIND 9.7) then backports security and bug fixes from later upstream versions into theirs and add extended versioning (say 9.7-2.3.1).  One would have to check Redhat's version to see what fixes it actually contains.