Verify raw data within slaves on 9.9.x

Mark Pettit pettit at yahoo-inc.com
Tue Jun 12 03:39:29 UTC 2012

We wrote a Perl script to transparently translate a raw zone file into text, so all of our old code that assumes that a zone file is in text format wouldn't die.

To convert a raw file to text, we use the following command-line, with the following variables:

named-compilezone -i none -k ignore -m ignore -M ignore -n ignore -S ignore -W ignore -f raw -F text -w $named_dir -j -o - $zone $file 2>/dev/null

$named_dir: the value of the "directory" clause from named.conf
$zone:      the name of the zone
$file:      the path to the zone file