No subject

hugo hugoo hugobxl at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 13 13:20:08 UTC 2012

Dear all,

I have a problem in the understanding of the creation of a subzone.
Here the situation; let's call the name server ns1.xxx.be

I have zone "toto.be" with some records (not important)

In the same name server, I want to create the subzone "titi.toto.be" with some records.

==> do I have to create in zone "toto.be" the following NS record:

                 titi.toto.be.   TTL   IN   NS    ns1.xxx.be

I have found cases where this situation is present and other when it is not present...and both cases seems to work.
What is the difference?

thanks for any feedback,

Hugo,.