Recursive queries fail after bind has been running for a few hours

G.W. Haywood bind at jubileegroup.co.uk
Tue Mar 13 12:02:45 UTC 2012

B0;261;0cHi there,

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Mr X <xproject128 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm having a bizarre issue with 9.7.3-P3-RedHat-9.7.3-8.P3.el6_2.2 -
> recursive queries stop functioning after bind has been running for a few
> hours. It's a very low volume system (dev), maybe a few queries per hour

I saw something very similar with versions of 9.7 and I believe 9.8.

I was never able to pin it down, and never collected any evidence that
it was BIND itself that was the problem, but I did have to restart it
on several occasions when recursive queries suddenly started to fail.

Your suspicions are similar to mine although your setup appears not to
be.  I was using self-compiled binaries on a Debian system, but I do
run DNSSEC.  Now that I'm runnning 9.9 the problem seems to have gone.

Try upgrading?

Is your server also authoritative?

--

73,