Need to improve named performance

David Forrest drf at maplepark.com
Mon Nov 12 16:49:35 UTC 2012

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012, Ed LaFrance wrote:

> Hello Alan -
>
> Of course you are right, my bad.
>
> Here's the entirety of my named.conf - there's nothing pertaining to logging
> in here, so I guess that means that 'log everything' is the default. I would
> only want to log critical named errors, so if anyone has syntax they have my
> gratitude:

No, you just get the defaults as described in the ARM 6.2.10

"Only one logging statement is used to define as many channels and
categories as are wanted. If there is
no logging statement, the logging configuration will be:
logging {
       category default { default_syslog; default_debug; };
       category unmatched { null; };
};"

The rest of 6.2.10 shows the syntax and provides the ability to "roll" the
logs much as (r)syslogd.conf does for those that syslog gets.  None of my
named logs go to syslog as I do have a logging statement of my choices.

Dave
--
David Forrest
St. Louis, Missouri