No subject

Tue Apr 2 00:56:56 UTC 2013

The 2000 machine can be instructed not to send
the DDNS A record registration by adding a key to the registry.  Go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters

and create the Value Name:
RegisterDnsARecords
as Data Type REG_DWORD, with Value of 0.

Have fun,
	Adam Augustine
	Morinda, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: jrichard at mda.ca [mailto:jrichard at mda.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2000 11:25 AM
To: bind-users at isc.org
Subject: Windows 2000 question ...

I'm running Bind 8.2.x and I'm getting the message:

   16-Feb-2000 18:08:24.272 security: notice: unapproved update from
                            [1.2.3.4].4555 for domain.ca

which I understand is W2K doing its thing.  I'm a unix guy with no exposure
to MS-land so I want to ask two questions:

   a) is this to be allowed?  i.e. should I adjust named.conf to permit it
   b) if not, how do I tell them to adjust their machines to stop it?

I'm suspicious it's not required as there are several W2K boxes on the
net but I'm only getting the message from a couple of them.  However, I
know if I don't have a solution to present, I'll get the "that's how it
works" story.

Thanks in advance for any info.

--
--+