Generate Reverse Deligations

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Tue Apr 2 00:56:56 UTC 2013

% >> > Private address space in-addr.arpa's are not delegated.  They are
% >> > assumed within the internal network, and not broadcast outside of the
% >> > internal network.
%
% It is the assumtion part that is bothering me.  How can I assume that
% my server will find 10.in-addr.arpa. if it can not find a deligtion
% for it from the root server.  I guess this is more a question of
% semantics.  I dont not expect for example a server that is deligated
% the zone 215.70.10.in-addr.arpa. to authoritive for any thing beneath
% this aka 70.10.in-addr.arpa. and therefore it must use the standard
% method of resolving this address by starting at the root. And this is
% where this conversion has gone around.  IF 10.0.0.0 is private address
% space the senario would go . ---> arpa. ----> in-addr.arpa. ---> a
% response of reserved by IANA or nol response.
%
% >I must express surprise.  This is sort of part of the definition of a
% >private internet address, isn't it?  ;-}

	The IANA has caused to be established authoritative service for
	the RFC 1918 address space (along with the other prefixes
	delegated for special use).  Has helped many people find leaks
	in their firewalls and applications.

--
--bill