Reverse Records on a leash?

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Sun Aug 11 11:50:34 UTC 2013

On 10.08.13 10:26, Eduardo Bonsi wrote:
>I put zeros just as an example.
>it can be 111.111.111.111 where 1= (any ipv4 number) or
>000.000.000.000. where 0 is (any ipv4 number).

Again, no. Each segment can be from 0 to 255, but no leading zeros.
0.0.0.0-9.9.9.9
10.10.10.10-99.99.99.99
100.100.100.100-255.255.255.255

no 00-09 or 000-099.

>Can we just CNAME whatever reverse they have there like;
>
>000.000.000.000.someISP.net. IN CNAME  mydomain.com.
>
>Is that cause a technical issue according to BIND?
>

>I thought I read somewhere you cannot CNAME under certain rules.
>Is this one of them?

you can create such CNAMEs but this will not help you.

The reverse DNS is made in in-addr.arpa domain which goes through your ISP.

2B|!2B, that's a question!