Building a fresh named.root

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Feb 14 15:07:27 UTC 2013

On 02/14/2013 09:47 AM, Tony Finch wrote:
> Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
>> Which begs the next question I was going to ask.  How often should I download
>> a fresh named.zone?
> Never. If you keep BIND reasonably up-to-date its built-in hints will work
> fine.

More AAAA records 1/3/2013 than in the named.ca stub which IF my version
has it builtin raises the question about keeping current at this time in
the Internet (and trusting Redhat to roll in new builtin hints as they go).

Is there a way I can DIG my server for what it thinks . is?  Like using
that same DIG command?  I am still checking out my files and have not
started bind, but I should be ready shortly...