Building a fresh named.root

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu Feb 14 15:18:34 UTC 2013

Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:

> More AAAA records 1/3/2013 than in the named.ca stub which IF my version has
> it builtin raises the question about keeping current at this time in the
> Internet (and trusting Redhat to roll in new builtin hints as they go).

No need to worry. They are only hints, and named uses them to get the
current list of root name servers at startup. Even if they are 15 years
out of date it will still work, because the root name servers do not
change very often.

Tony.
Forties, Cromarty: East, veering southeast, 4 or 5, occasionally 6 at first.
Rough, becoming slight or moderate. Showers, rain at first. Moderate or good,
occasionally poor at first.