Define an internal zone with only a couple of A records, then forward to an external dns server

Ben Croswell ben.croswell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 15:21:36 UTC 2013

If you load the zone your server will believe it knows everything about the
zone and not forward anything below it.

If you load foo.com with two records, nothing but those two records will
ever resolve on that server for foo.com.

One way to make it work would be to load two zones. Vpn1.foo.com and
vpn2.foo.com each with their A records. Then you would only blackhole
things below vpn1.foo.com and vpn2.foo.com.