lame-servers: error (FORMERR) resolving [something]

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Jan 22 14:21:36 UTC 2013

On 22.01.13 11:18, Daniele wrote:
>My router doesn't maintain a DNS cache, so it must be my IPS's fault.
>
>The last questions, if it's possible: what happens when my 'named' starts
>an iterative query? Does it arrive to the real root-server (first of all),

it should, but it appears that it does not. your ISP seems to beintercepting
those messages. Ask your ISP how to turn it off.

>or is it processed by some other cache-server on the path? And why 'named'
>doesn't "understand" the responses from these cache-servers?

in your case it's getting non-authoritative responses, but with recursion
allowed. Both are unexpected so named complains.

- Have you got anything without Spam in it?
- Well, there's Spam egg sausage and Spam, that's not got much Spam in it.