BIND 9.9.3b1 is now available

Timothe Litt litt at acm.org
Fri Jan 25 23:53:38 UTC 2013

Maybe it will chug along for a while if you don't configure with newstats.

But suppose someday you want to update to the newer, better software.

Are you going to run a separate server to test against?

If you manage more than one server, when the monitoring software
changes, are all the servers going to go down and reboot with the new
config synchronously?  What if you have lots of them (e.g. 10s or
100s)?  In different admin domains?

As you say, this is an API....

Flag days are never fun, and this is avoidable.

Timothe Litt
ACM Distinguished Engineer
if any, on the matters discussed.